Ozark Acres Rules and Regulations
Property Owners must receive new property owner cards/passes annually and passes for their relatives and guests who will use the parks, beaches, and lakes at Ozark Acres. They must also purchase annual decals for their boats if they are to be used in Ozark Acres lakes. Dock space in the marina is available for property owners through the SID office.
Property Owners must have property owner cards to vote for commissioners and otherwise participate in other official legal requirements of Ozark Acres which require proof of property ownership.
There is a leash ordinance. No pets are allowed to run free. They must either be behind fence, or chained or leashed at all times. We hope you will assist us by keeping your pets contained and letting us know of problem pets.
There is an ordinance against four wheelers and all-terrain vehicles on Ozark Acres streets. Please help us by informing the SID office of violations.
The Fire Department will place BURN BAN signs at entrances to Ozark Acres when it is unsafe to burn. Please observe these signs.
Building permits are required for housing changes, home building, fencing, sheds, cages, and any changes that might affect the property value of a neighbor. Contact the SID architectural committee for advice. Permit charges are minimal to nonexistent.
No live stock are permitted. That includes rabbits, turkeys, chickens, cattle, goats, sheep, etc.
No trash, refuse, tires, appliances, garbage, or offensive noise to neighbors are permitted. We are expected to be good neighbors to one another. These ordinances are enforced through the Sharp County court system. If you are perceived to be in violation you will receive a warning letter, followed up by a warrant for court appearance. This will be enforced by fines through the Sharp County Court system.
Rules & Regulations Governing Lake, Beach, and Recreational Facilities
These are general rules. A more complete list may be obtained from the SID office.
* No Pets Allowed at the Beach.
* Jet Ski, Ski Doo, or Jet powered racing boats of any kind are banned on Vagabond Lake.
* All Arkansas State Fishing and Boating Laws will be observed.
* Both Vagabond & Spring Lakes are private lakes. They may be used only by property owners, dependents, and their guests.
* To operate power boats, operators must be at least 16 years of age and be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older). Must have Boating Education Certificate if born after 1-1-86.
* Prior to launching, all boats, including those with trolling motors, must be registered at the SID office.
* Bring State Registration papers
* Proof of Liability insurance on any craft with a 50HP motor or above.
* Bring your current year’s Property Owners card.
* Two Ozark Acres boat permit stickers will be issued for each boat. ($6 for under 20HP, $20 above 20HP. Stickers are required for paddle boats, canoes, or similar non-motorized craft.
* Children 12 years old or younger must wear USCG approved Personal Flotation Device.
* There is no lifeguard on duty. You swim at your own risk.
* No person shall operate a boat so as to annoy, frighten or endanger anyone.
* Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the premises of any Ozark Acres recreational facility.
* Boats must be equipped with the appropriate flotation devices for each person on board.
* B-1 fire extinguisher on board
* All boats shall have running lights after sunset.
* State registration certificate on board.
* State decals, Ozark Acres decals, and permits required.
* Proof of insurance for 50HP and above.
* Property owner card with you.
The following Rules are specific to Spring Lake:
* Only trolling motors or non-motorized water craft allowed.
Boat launch ramps at:
– Spring Lake Park ramp of Frontier Dr.
– Park on East Lake Dr by Spring Lake Dam
The following Rules are specific to Lake Vagabond:
* Show Property Owner’s card and sign in with the Gate Guard before launching.
* Launch for Beach ramp only. No launching from Clubhouse or Parks.
* Maximum horsepower allow is 75HP unless grand-fathered in 2004.
* Maximum speed 30MPH from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 5MPH from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
* Any watercraft between buoys and shoreline will observe N0-WAKE (5 MPH).
Rules for the Marina:
* Marina dock spaces are for rent.
* Marina may only be used by marina renters.
* Spaces 1, 2, 3, 4 are designated disabled parking only.
* Lakes are private and restricted to residents and guests only.
* Valid fishing licenses are required. Arkansas fishing laws apply.
* No trot lines, limb lines, yo-yo or jug fishing allowed.
* Littering: Littering is against the law anywhere in Ozark Acres. Fines will be accessed on anyone caught littering beach, marina, roadsides, etc.
* Allowed only from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. during the season. Season starts when local school is out in May and concludes in the fall, depending upon weather conditions.
* Skiers must wear Coast Guard approved life jacket.
* Boats towing skiers, tubers or similar devices must have one person aboard as observer in addition to the driver. Skiers should stay in the ski pattern. Observers in boat should enforce safety.
* Pattern for power boats and water skiing shall be counter clockwise. Boats may pull only one skier at a time, and only two (2) ski boats are allowed to operate on the lake at the same time. The lake is too small for more.
* Once past the buoys toward shoreline use “idle” speed. Skiers need to be dropped before the boat reaches a buoy at the entrance of a cove.
* There is no lifeguard. Swim at you own risk.
* Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult (18 or older). There are no child care facilities at the beach area.
* Swimming is restricted to the beach area on Lake Vagabond only.
* No pushing, wrestling, shoving on the floating dock.
* No glass containers. No soda cans or bottles allowed on floating dock.
* Persons conducting themselves in a improper manner (vulgar, distasteful, disrespectful) will be asked to leave, and may have privileges revolked.
* Swimming area is open from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
* Check with Gate Guard and show owner cards.
* Gate Guard closes the gate when there is a thunder storm. Please leave the swimming area during a storm.
* For the use of property owners and their guests only. Refuse containers are provided for trash disposal. Sand buckets are provided at beach area for cigarette butts. Please help keep our parks clean.
* Park Curfew – 10:00 p.m.
* No camping by tent or trailer is allowed in Ozark Acres. We are not equipped for camping.